Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ouch!

A few times during a WOD, I have either been tired or just not paying attention to form and have hurt myself. During my first few months, I was doing a longer WOD that included thrusters, running and kb's. I started to get really fatigued but didn't want to break up my last set of thrusters. Then BOOM, I hit myself in the head with the barbell really hard. Ouch! I think I was really surprised and made a funny face and kept going. Of course a few people had to see it. I think John A was one of them. I had a nice red goose egg on my head for a few days.

Then about two weeks ago, while doing push presses, I hit myself in the nose. What?!?!? That REALLY hurt. The barbell scraped skin off my nose and I hit it so hard I got a bloody nose and my eyes were watering. I somehow managed to finish but my nose hurt for two weeks after that.

Now I want to hear your stories so I don't feel so bad about myself. I am just a really good exerciser that can by klutzy at times. :)

11 comments:

  1. I've power snatched barbells into my forehead on numerous occasions.

    One time I was suppose to go to some fancy dinner thing and had a massive welt/bruise in the middle of my forehead. Needless to say, the girlfriend at the time was not amused and I ended up wearing make-up out that night. I've been keeping my eyes open and head back from then on haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've drilled my chin a few times doing overhead movements. It's bound to happen.

    In highschool a buddy of mine dropped the bar from the top of a snatch postion and it landed on his head. brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've gotten a few fat lips from squat cleans. i am just that damn powerful i cant control myself. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hit myself in the nose, twice, doing jerks. In the same workout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rammed the bar so hard into my chin do thrusters...it knocked my teeth together and gave me a headache :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Guys - just a reminder: we need to find out WHO would like to be an author. So, anyone that currently posts, anyone that visits this blog, anyone that comments on this blog, anyone that has nothing to do with this blog and wants to volunteer to post on the CF Construct Blog - send me an email: rlbashkin@hotmail.com

    I have only received 3 emails so far

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this one's easy...in my first week we had hand stand push ups during our strength portion. Mike H was helping me out but I didn't listen when he said to lock your elbows at the beginning. Thwap!!!! landed right on the crown of my head...on the bare concrete. I haven't been the same since.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in too Rae. I am going to write the info today when I am at the box.

    Should we suspend weekend posts in the meantime? Kelsey, you will be posting a lot of good info and can do it on my days.

    Ryan, that is funny! I don't know why people falling on their heads is so funny!

    Jenn, I have hit my chin too! It hurts. I always to a quick check to see if anyone saw my little oopsy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Camey - sounds good! I will be at the box Saturday so if anyone has questions or whatnot, we can talk then. Hope to see a lot of you there on Saturday!!

    It's up to you all if you want to suspend weekend posts. Tom and Kelsey can just alternate with some of us if that is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i fell off the pull up bar my first month in. i couldn't get my foot out of a stupid assistance band before my grip slipped and ended up hanging upside down and smacking my back on the edge of my box. i couldn't walk straight for a week.

    i've also brought a bar straight down on my head somehow? most people hit themselves on the way up... haha.

    ReplyDelete