Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Paleo-ISH lifestyle....


It seems like I am not alone when it comes to struggling to live the Paleo-ish lifestyle. I remember when this blog started up I was super motivated to stick to Paleo and only had 2 cheat days in over a month of eating well. I felt awful on those two cheat days and could not wait for a fresh day to jump back on my Paleo wagon. Now fast forward a few weeks and EVERYDAY is a m-effing cheat day for me.

While I am a bit disappointed that I do not have that same fervor to eat Paleo, I can honestly say that I do make many healthy choices throughout the day. While I may have some bread now, I may have one slice instead of four. lol. I am definitely all about whole wheat and not white processed bread. I have even noticed that while cheese is cool, I do not need it on everything like I did before I did the Paleo challenge. American cheese is even kind of gross to me now because it just seems really processed...like it is fake cheese. lol.

So while I am far from perfectly living a Paleo lifestyle, I think it is still a step in the right direction that my overall eating habits have improved. I find myself making healthier choices everyday (minus the mammoth cupcake that I inhaled yesterday). While I did put back on 4 pounds once I left strict Paleo my weight has not went up at all since that point. I'm cool with that though. I just know that if I ever do want to loose more weight I will have to tweak my eating habits in some way.

So now I need some updates. How is everyone doing? Who is still all in with Paleo? What motivates you to stick with it? Also, if anyone wants to do a Paleo Challenge again soon I would participate. I am competitive, so there is nothing like a little challenge with a finish line to strive towards to motivate me:)

Happy Hump Day Everyone!!! Get your hump on!

7 comments:

  1. i have been strict minus the major holidays. by strict i mean i still drink beer on the weekends and have ~1 cheat meal a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yatta - once again, great pic. I also appreciate not having the gag-reflex today.

    Now that the Holidays are over, I am still strict monday-friday. The weekends are not even that bad, I just may indulge in some pita chips with my hummus.

    Paleo works for me 75/25 - the 25 being the weekends. And, like you I find I make healthier choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Thom you are such a machine. You never really falter. Haven't you been doing this since well before we started in October?

    @Rae. If I could even truly get that approach down I would be happy. The key really is preparation for me and I have been woefully unprepared laterly. My work schedule has picked up and it is so hard to make time to cook now. I am going to make some changes though. This weekend I am going to make sure that I cook on Sunday:)

    BTW...I was looking for a gross picture to keep things appetizing, but I think I grossed some of you guys out to the point that they avoided the blog for a few days last time! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part about paleo is how it forces people into feeling guilty. My grandmother would probably love paleo just for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mostly eat what I want now. Before the paleo stuff I ate fairly healthy. So I am back in that mode. Just trying to make smarter choices most of the time. With Paleo, I felt like it was controlling too much of what I was doing and like Drywall said.. .I kept having that guilty feeling. So before when I "cheated" I would feel guilty and then just go all out. Make it a big cheat day or whatever. Now I just try to balance it out. Days I don't workout, I try to make better food choices. But if I want the yummy dark chocolate truffle from Godiva, I am going to eat it and go on. No more feeling guilty. :)

    Anyone have a recommendation for almond butter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. trader joe's raw, unsalted, creamy is my favorite and its the cheapest of them all...i go through about two jars per week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a shit load of almond butter. well done sir.

    ReplyDelete