Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Real Men Love Calluses....or Maybe Not? lol



So a few weeks ago I decided to take the protective gloves off, exposing my gloriously smooth hands to the bar. I cannot honestly say whether it has helped with pull ups, and at times I feel that I had a much better grip with the gloves on. There is also one other thing that I had....gloriously smooth hands:) Well, those days are long gone. I am walking around here with straight up man PAWS. I mean these paws are un-manicured and uncouth! I stopped my manis (I was a fanatic!) shortly after beginning CF once I realized my nails would be jacked up anyway after an evening at the box.

I have always informed the calloused ladies of WLCF that "the men love calloused hands"...I would say this while the gloves were still on:) Well here is a secret ladies...I may or may not have known what the hell I was talking about. Pre-glove removal my sometimes-boo told me that having some light callusing on the hands simply means a lady is a hard-worker and not afraid to get a little dirty....it can be sexy. I think he should have put emphasis on "light" callusing. lol. When I saw him over the holiday and gently stroked my mediumly-callused hand down the back of his neck you all should have seen the WTF-face he gave me. He looked at my hands and besides calluses there was skin peeling off. lol. He retracted his pro-callus comments quick!

Lately I have been having lots of callus laden incidents in the workplace as well. As you all probably know I am an attorney. I shake clients hands all day long. Earlier today, one male client actually gave the WTF look to my hand while I was shaking his. I responded by gripping his hand a little harder and a little longer...and thought in my head "yeah biatch, I can beat your ass you soft-handed cooch". lol. I know, I know...I am being inappropriate, but honest:)

Men, what are your opinion on callusy (so not a word, lol) women? Does it get your juices flowing or is it a major turn-off? Ladies, what experiences have you had with your calloused paws? I think I shall go and purchase that ped-egg today and get to sawing down this meat on the hands...I guess I can act like I care about my hands a little bit:)

**For your viewing pleasure I have included a couple of pictures of calluses just hanging out...doing their thing:) The second picture strangely makes me want a ham sammich! BON-APPETIT! lol.**

Happy Hump Day West Loop Family!

8 comments:

  1. Um, you only really notice callouses on hands when they aren't taken care of. As in, you have dead skin hanging that is rough and noticeable when you shake hands. Get a file and file that shit down so it is smooth and no one will ever know.

    On another note, I have a callous shaver, but I have decided against using it unless one gets extremely large, and then only to cut it down slightly. I hacked away at my callouses 2 weeks back, basically eliminating them entirely (it was too much fun!), and I paid the price. No rips or anything, but basically doing what we do with almost no callouses is fucking painful.

    Also, don't make the mistake of pealing off dead skin. I know, it is tempted. Clip it off, file it down, every time. When you peal a callous, it isn't like normal skin where one layer comes off, it ends up taking several layers with with it. Bad news.

    Anyway, enough of this talk. Absolutely disgusting pictures Yatta, I will not be checking this the rest of the day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Drywall...I have clearly let my hands go as of late. They have not been well taken care of. Ped egg going down tonight or I could take a knife to them like the picture:) I will be sure to leave a little padding so that it is not like starting over with pull-ups using virgin hands.

    Smart advice on peeling the skin off. It is so much fun to peel it, but I definitely do not want to take off the good skin too.

    My heart bleeds that you dislike the visual stimulation that I posted:( If you do not come back to the blog today I will be deeply saddened:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yatta!! The pics are so gross! Ha-ha! One of my co-workers walked up behind as I was reading your post and was like "WTH!"

    Since I haven't done CF for almost two weeks, my callouses are almost completely gone! Thanks mostly to a ped-egg. Yay! But when I am doing CF, I have to use a file almost every day. So gross! But it is part of my daily routine.. like flossing. Just have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture made me throw up in my mouth - seriously. I also now feel uncomfortable posting my food log...but here it goes:

    1/4/11 Food Log:
    Glass of OJ - Fish Oil, Calcium supplements
    Coffee - dollop of non-fat milk (ran out of almond milk)
    2 scrambled eggs - 1 egg white, 1 yolk
    Banana
    Salmon Filet and Carrots (was afraid I was going to turn orange!)
    Orange (went to the ladies room to make sure I was not turning orange)
    Filet slices, red & green pepper, onion stir fry concoction
    Apple

    1/4/11 Performance:
    Much better than 1/3 but still ways away from where I was and want to be. Loving HSPUs now that I am not harboring an intense fear of them. Need several GOOD cardio days to rid of the Holiday season belly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now onto calluses...I will admit, I still get a manicure every week or at the very least every other week. I have a thing about my hands and nails.

    My calluses come and go, depending on the WODs and whatnot. But I do think I have permanent 'callus-scars' because you can see them even when they are not there. I like 'em though - fun to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of 'em!!! No offense, not a turn on. I let my wife know when it's "nasty."

    The callous shaver is amazing but gotta learn how to use it. Too aggressive, your hands will either bleed or be as soft as a baby's butt. I take long, hot showers and by the time I get out everything that needs to be shaved off is white. Only shave 'em down so they are flush with the rest of the skin.

    Tears should only happen from over chalking or lack of hand care (or 2 consecutive days of 100+ pull ups).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This works well too:

    http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/tutorials/50

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rae...they are fun to pick! I shaved mine but left just a little meat for my picking pleasure on my right hand:) lol.

    @Rudy...thanks for being honest! lol. I took care of them. I also realize that I use way too much chalk. Definitely going to cut down on it.

    @Kels...I am willing to bet your bacon was actually way more flavorful:) Work on that callus that continually tears...you would not want to get a hand infection like our dear Kurt. :)

    ReplyDelete