Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wiki - What?

I have to be honest.  I had "Bloggers Block" today.  How do you compete with posts about Calluses, Fungus and Paleo Pancakes?!  You simply cannot.

With all the hype in the news about Wikipedia, I was curious what its definition of CrossFit would be.  So, here are a few phrases, taken out of context, for your reading pleasure: 

"CrossFit is a strength and conditioning brand"

"CrossFit athletes run, row, jump rope, climb rope and carry odd objects"

"They frequently move large loads quickly over long distances, and use powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting techniques"

 "CrossFit has been variously portrayed as a fitness company, a grassroots health movement, a nascent sport, a fad, a publishing business and sometimes, disparagingly, a cult"

I was amused by some of these.

9 comments:

  1. I like the 'carry odd objects' reference...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CULT.

    lol.

    BTW...I hated yesterday's WOD. The one good thing was that I was finally able to lift real weight above my head without shoulder pain:) That felt good. What did not feel good was the major brain fart that I had. I had no idea what round I was on or anything. lol. I just may have done 6 rds instead of 5. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently put together my serious opinion on dieting and paleo, but I have nowhere to post it as it isn't humorous and has no place on my blog. It is too long to post to comments. If there is ever a slow day and someone wants to use it, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. drywall, if you want ill post it sunday... you can send it to me at twubben@uic.edu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I've had an epic day, even by my standards.

    Breakfast:
    -pancakes, eggs with jalapeno/onion/cheese, banana, grapefruit

    2nd Breakfast:
    -a few chocolate glaze Dunkin muchkins at the office

    Lunch:
    -chicken parm with pasta and veggies

    Treat:
    -chocolate chip cookie cake for co-worker's birthday

    I wonder what tonight will bring?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drywall, why did you leave out all the booze you've drank today? I mean, it's 4pm on a Thursday, so I'm sure you're well on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we are supposed to simply assume that Drywall takes a shot of Makers Mark with every bite.

    ReplyDelete